Friday, February 27, 2009

The dreaded laundry


I have heard a lot of people complaining about laundry lately and usually I would be right there with them but, for some strange reason laundry isn't as bad as it used to be so I started think why? What I came up with is that I decided not to try to do ALL my laundry one day and FINISH it. Because that was just setting me up for disappointment. Instead I have been just doing a couple loads hear and there through out the week. It makes it so much better when I don't think I am DONE. Because you all know you can never be done with laundry, as soon as you think you are done someone changes their clothes. Another thing that makes it better is I discovered my kids don't follow me into the laundry room. I don't know why they try to follow me everywhere else in the house, including the bathroom. So this makes laundry much more enjoyable because it is a time to myself. Because of the last reason I have started folding my laundry in the laundry room where I have a basket with each family members name on it. I fold the clothes and put it in the correct basket then other then mine and Hannah's clothes I am done. Tony puts his own away and the boys just dress out of their baskets, which is actually nice because they take off their dirty clothes in the laundry room and saves me collecting laundry.

Any how one day when I am rich (which really means it will never happen but it would be nice) I am going to build my own house that has a very large laundry room with closets built in, maybe even dressing room things. SO clothes never leave the laundry room unless they are on someone, and they always get left there when they are taken off.

I know I do things strange but it is the way I like them so it works for me. Any how have fun doing your laundry!

11 comments:

the baker said...

if it makes you feel any better, even as a single person, i always have laundry to do--especially when i'm baking, i have an extra load that is just chef jackets. :) by the way, i added a link to your blog and heidi's and becky's to my blog site. :)

nixon5 said...

I love that! I Love the huge laudry room idea with dressing rooms. I have always wanted a huge laundry room but never thought about the closet idea. Love it.
If only moms could design their house and it didnt come with paying so much for every little extra we want huh.

Daniel said...

I do my own laundry. I don't enjoy it though.

Daniel said...

I enjoy mowing lawns and you enjoy doing laundry. That's how it goes I guess.

Daniel said...

Maybe the mom and dad can compromise, mom gets big kitchen and laundry room and dad gets big shop and garage equals big expensive house. Not going to happen for most people. Oh yeah, also a big she-vanity with big mirror and lots of lights, and maybe a jet tub for her too.

Amy Simms said...

Love your big laundry room idea! I wish my kids didn't follow me into my laundry room, which is also the junk room and the food storage room...Maybe that's why I hate it so much!

I love all the pink clothes in your washer! Isn't it great to have a little girl.

dust and kam said...

Great Idea! I would love a nice big laundry room! I like laundry as well (most of the time). I just hate taking care of it. But usually Dustyn is a good sport and helps me out with that part! :)

I am sure once we have kids, I might think differently. :) That will be the day when I can't get two weeks of laundry done in three loads. Ha ha!

Hone Family said...

I enjoyed this post!! I don't like doing laundry... Its never done but, I do wait for it to pile up Friday is usually my laundry day and UGH!! by the time Friday comes around, with 5 people in the house and a little girl who LOVES to change her clothes alot there is a mountian... I am going to try your idea and do a few loads throughout the week. Wish me Luck!! However, my kids do follow me in there, we have front loaders so the baby loves to watch them and my daughter thinks she is big and loves to help me out ( i appreciate it tho and maybe it will pay off letting her help me :) )

Anonymous said...

I love this post as well! I really like the closets in the laundry room idea! I really, really do! I hate laundry but I agree with you that it is because it never gets done! I always thought Rob was lucky because he got "yard work" duty. He does it on Saturday and it stays done for a week. Unlike laundry, housework and dishes. I have tried doing loads during the week (I am doind one now at 10:30 P.M.!!! on a Tuesday...in fact the washer just beeped) but I still hate it! I don't mind the sortin, or washin, or dryin, or foldin.....I HATE PUTTING IT AWAY!!! So we have "folding parties". I get out several loads, throw them on the bed in front of a movie and we ALLL fold and put away. I mean it is their clothes right....... Sorry to take up blogger/cyber space but I guess you hit a nerve. I will try the basket thing...thanks for the advice and the shoulder to cry on!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot my most important comment. I have a picture of The Golden Gate Bridge in my laundry room. A very good freind gave it to me because she said "when they paint the Golden Gate Bridge they start at one end and when they get done they go back and start all over. So the bridge is painted everyday. So laundry is like the Golden Gate Bridge.....it will never be done!

Shell said...

I know laundry hits a nerve with a lot of people. Maybe we just need disposable clothes. The baskets really help. As the kids get older they can just take their basket and put it away themselves.